Tristan's Testimony 4/2014

Well I could tell you a huge testimony and just tell you how much the lord has blessed me on this mission, but something I have learned is that sometimes the most powerful testimonys are the simplest! So I will quickly share that I know without a doubt this is the true church, that there is a God and he loves each and everyone of us! I know that because of the lord I am able to have a strong family in the church and because of his son Jesus Christ I can be forgiven of my sins and make it back to him! One of my favorite quotes that I heard from the conference is from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf its in 1 nephi and it simply states that it is AFTER all we do, that by gods grace we will be saved!

The past month....

March 23, 2015....first off yes I have been to Manganasal and its delicious I eat it so much haha  And Calamba 3 has been reopened again just recently actually! And now for the biggest news I AM GETTING TRANSFERED TO MINDORO!!!! its an island with beaches and is just awesome, they have bikes there and I get to take a boat to get there!:)))))...... It does suck tho cause i won't be able to baptize Rogler because I have a transfer this thursday and their baptism is on saturday! But it is okay! Freak the philippines is crazy I have met more drunks in the morning and people trying to fight me haha but I am so glad I am getting a transfer! I can't remember my new comps name but they say he is chill! It is kinda sad this week cause so many of my friends from the mission are going home so that sucks but time to make new ones I guess haha!:) I will send pics soon love Elder Herrin aka Jungle cat
I got sun burnt today so my face is like a tomato haha!
 March 16th, 2015.... so cool thing this kid said he wanted me to baptize him so hopefully I will get another baptism in a couple of weeks, his name is rogler and he is 12 I think! So the language is still kicking my butt and I am really trying to study but everyone keeps telling me not to sweat it that it comes with time!:) ..... But this week has been good just been trying to stay busy! I will try and write more later but not a lot of time love you all very much and will try and write more later!:) Love Elder Herrin!::)

 March 9th, 2015....It was an okay week a little hard but this week should be better! oh there was a shooting in my area its the second one now and lucky we where inside a investigators house and the shooting was a little ways away! but thats something cool! I am sending pics soon and glad to hear from you.....anyways a busy week for you guys glad to hear all is well! Love Elder Herrin aka Kevin Malone
 Just a few days before this email, we had contacted his mission president to let him know his Uncle Hector had passed away. His President let him call us so he could ask questions and get the reassurance that he needed at the time. It has been a tough month for him, but as you can see he is staying positive.

 March 1, 2015..... And i am doing okay. I fasted yesterday and realized it was probably my first full 24 hour fast so that was awesome! I am doing better really trying to stay busy and what not! I am so grateful for the blessings we have and i love our president he is amazing and helped me so much! ..... I love you very much and am so grateful for this family! So I just wanted to share my feelings about this that I had earlier, I was really mad and just kept asking the question why.. I blamed Heavenly Father for what happened, but as I prayed read and fasted I have come to thank him, it was hard cause I kept running so many things that happened with Maverick and now Hector but I realize now that it has only brought us together as a family! Mom I am going to struggle for a little but I am going to get the blessings this family needs and serve the lord with all I have! I love you very much and thats awesome that they came over for a visit, (Randy and Catherin) just remember to tell them all I love them okay!:)

Thats the mission pres and his wife and thats Elder Javier with me


No comments:

Post a Comment