Tristan's Testimony 4/2014

Well I could tell you a huge testimony and just tell you how much the lord has blessed me on this mission, but something I have learned is that sometimes the most powerful testimonys are the simplest! So I will quickly share that I know without a doubt this is the true church, that there is a God and he loves each and everyone of us! I know that because of the lord I am able to have a strong family in the church and because of his son Jesus Christ I can be forgiven of my sins and make it back to him! One of my favorite quotes that I heard from the conference is from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf its in 1 nephi and it simply states that it is AFTER all we do, that by gods grace we will be saved!

First 2 weeks in San Pablo

  October 12th   2014    ..... Philippines is crazy! Since I am white everyone wants a high five or says I am super tall and what not haha! I realize how bad I am at the language but it is slowly coming! I ate Balot which is that bird thing haha and chicken feet already haha! I eat with my hands and I shower in a little bucket, we wash our clothes in a bucket too! our water shuts off at 8:00 and then turns back on at 3:00! ...... anyways I love it here the roads here are insane! lets just say I cross the street when traffic is coming both ways and make it across fine! my new companion is awesome and hes tongan too! his name is Elder Vaitohi and he does everything for me, I love him and he is huge.. not tall but jacked! the philippines is like so poor and sad but there all so happy! like our house is a mansion compared to here! some people dont even have roofs or clothes here! I am sorry for complaining about food or our house or anything, I realize how much I truly had! Everything is so cheap here I love it and everyone like rides motorcycles or scooters! transportation is fun! Everyone likes to talk to me about the NBA and about america in general! Its a kids dream to go to temple square in salt lake and it kinda makes me feel so bad, I take so much for granted! the little kids here are awesome and they love touching my hands and feeling the hairs on my arms and giving me high fives! the kids say "Up here" = high five haha! there are alot of people who ask for money and I tell them wala akong pera... which means I have no money! there are elders here that have cool weapons and I can get a weapon too for super cheap! oh Basketball jerseys here are so cheap too! Its dirty here with all the dogs pooping everywhere and you can throw you trash on the streets and no one even cares! I try to find trash cans though! Oh did I mention its super hot here and I sweat a ton but drink alot of water! the food here is pretty bomb and :....... My area I am in is called Lucena 3! its also very beautiful in some areas too here forgot to say that! It gets dark quick here and :I am starting to get used to waking up early! so that picture online of the mission home is nice but around the mission home is poor and ghetto in a way! So love you guys, I will send pictures soon Mahal Kita, Love Elder Herrin


October 19th 2014.....Our apartment we are in is a lot nicer than a lot of the members and just homes around us but it is small and we do everything else like them haha like shower in a bucket and all that! I love it here but on thursday through today I have had a stomach ache and last night and today I have had a fever... I am feeling better now though! Other wise tho  I am doing great!:) Its hard to explain it here its crazy here and something cool every store here has a cop with a shotgun or AK47 guarding it! I love my zone and my mission leader and mission president I love them all and the language is coming along but I have along way to come!........ we have a little stove thing that is way small but it works haha! .....Oh I forgot with the water thing as long as its sealed on top its clean water haha so I am fine and doing well with that! But Richard G. Scott gave an awesome talk I loved it! I love my mission and was so blessed to be called here.. we teach a lot of lessons and have some baptism dates set in november so the work is coming along! my companion is awesome and is so funny I love it! But it is a humbling experience and I am glad I am hear in the Philippines! oh and we walk a lot but we also drive around on those little motor tricycles haha! its fun here.. like everything is legal here haha but not murder and theft haha! anyways I am doing great..... I love you guys and am excited for everyone back home Mahal Kita, Love Elder Herrin


No comments:

Post a Comment