Tristan's Testimony 4/2014

Well I could tell you a huge testimony and just tell you how much the lord has blessed me on this mission, but something I have learned is that sometimes the most powerful testimonys are the simplest! So I will quickly share that I know without a doubt this is the true church, that there is a God and he loves each and everyone of us! I know that because of the lord I am able to have a strong family in the church and because of his son Jesus Christ I can be forgiven of my sins and make it back to him! One of my favorite quotes that I heard from the conference is from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf its in 1 nephi and it simply states that it is AFTER all we do, that by gods grace we will be saved!

Traveling to the Jungle

 October 2nd 2014
Our entire family had the opportunity to talk to Tristan throughout the day. He told me about getting to see his Taylor, his Grandma and Christian at the MTC. He  was able to spend some time with Christian that evening and then spent the night talking with the other elders going to San Pablo. He was very excited to go. He was given a water purifier and told not to drink anything that didn't have a sealed cap. He was also told that he was going to a very poor area and when offered food, accept and eat, but not very much. His main meal will be Rice in the mornings they will prepare for themselves. He told me he tried to gain some weight in the MTC and thought he had gained a few pounds. He was excited to be leaving the MTC, but would be staying in the Manila MTC for a few days when he arrived. He shared his testimony with me in Tagolog, I was surprised at how quickly he could speak. He said he is enjoying learning the language. His travel time was over 24 hours, he left the MTC at 4:30 AM and arrived in Manila at about 8:20 AM the next day. They are 14 hours ahead of us. His last words to me were not to worry, that he would be safe and him and our family will be blessed for his service as a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment