Tristan's Testimony 4/2014

Well I could tell you a huge testimony and just tell you how much the lord has blessed me on this mission, but something I have learned is that sometimes the most powerful testimonys are the simplest! So I will quickly share that I know without a doubt this is the true church, that there is a God and he loves each and everyone of us! I know that because of the lord I am able to have a strong family in the church and because of his son Jesus Christ I can be forgiven of my sins and make it back to him! One of my favorite quotes that I heard from the conference is from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf its in 1 nephi and it simply states that it is AFTER all we do, that by gods grace we will be saved!

November 17th 2014

.....its coming along(deaf investigators)  we have one getting baptized really soon! But I like learning sign language its fun! .....The people here I see are poor or smoking or doing something bad but I don't judge them because they have gone through worse than I ever have! I love it here and love the people! ......So something cool I have seen two cock fights and then two spider fights now haha! I have seen spiders that are almost the size of my palms and its freaking gross, people grab spiders and let them crawl around in their hands haha! Oh so here is a list of what I have eaten that is weird and I know what it was, DOG it tasted good but I could only eat a little because I knew what it was, Balot which is a fertilized duck egg, Chicken feet, Shark there are alot more but I don't know their names! My week has been good we do not get new missionaries until thursday so we get the apartment to ourselves! Its always hott and sweaty here haha! A ton of homeless people always ask me for money everyday here and there are a lot of bugs here like cars! I saw a beautiful area and its by Lucena, it was so beautiful I forgot to take my camera but next time I go I will take pictures! I am getting excited for Anthony and I might ask Mission president if I can call you guys the day before the wedding, if not I will just skype on Christmas! .......Christmas lasts from like September until December of January! People still think I am Super handsome and say I am tall even though I am not and they all stare because I am white haha not like racistly though! Anyways anything else you want to know just let me know! I am sending pics so it will take a minute but Mahal Kita, Love Elder Herrin P.S. Tagalog is coming along:)



a picture of member kids, the shorter one in red is so good at boxing

and that food is called taho its so freaking good but has a weird taste at first!

No comments:

Post a Comment