Tristan's Testimony 4/2014

Well I could tell you a huge testimony and just tell you how much the lord has blessed me on this mission, but something I have learned is that sometimes the most powerful testimonys are the simplest! So I will quickly share that I know without a doubt this is the true church, that there is a God and he loves each and everyone of us! I know that because of the lord I am able to have a strong family in the church and because of his son Jesus Christ I can be forgiven of my sins and make it back to him! One of my favorite quotes that I heard from the conference is from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf its in 1 nephi and it simply states that it is AFTER all we do, that by gods grace we will be saved!

January 18th 2015

this is beauty and a way nice house!
 
Me holding The Book of Mormon or Ang Aklat Ni Mormon
Its been a great week, I got to give a talk yesterday in our ward branch! ..... investigators are doing so good except she cannot get baptized until she quits this type of lottery gambling! We have taught her about faith, free agency, everything but idk why she just cant, its okay cause i am sure the spirit will help her. Its true she needs to do this for money but I promised her if she puts her faith in christ she will be fine! the area is hard tho.. awesome story yesterday this older guy saw me and my comp but i did not have an umbrella and it was cold and raining so he came over to me and shared his little bit torn umbrella with me and walked with me until we got to the members house.. I love the people here we talked with the guy and he was a born something and his name was JR, but we talked and just a great guy and idk I just can't believe how great and nice this guy was.. when other members of his church saw him helping me they came and said hi to me and just got a ton of oyms! I love people here even when its hard to speak their language! If I was called on this mission to be humbled by such straight up poverty then its working cause Sometimes I am just heart broken! and yesterday also we ate with branch president and had only fish so my nightmare came true haha but its okay I choked it down like a champ haha! I wanna find more service opportunities here! .... I would also ask you to look up Candle of the Lord by boyd k packer.. its a talk that has great meaning to me about the spirit, its worth reading!:) I have tons of pics I need to send home so Mahal Kita, Mahal Si Elder Herrin



Just some paths that looked like good pic spots!

this is like a little store called a tindahan.. its where I do most of my food shopping haha!:)

banana tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment